Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A year since I left home

So I was reminded by fb that I left home a year ago yesterday.

Yes I came back, but I still am away from home.

It all seems like it just happened yesterday. Yet it also feels like a long long time ago.

The past year have been wonderful and challenging. Can't say that I'm the same person still. So much has happened and changes were inevitable.

But I can definitely say that I live more in the present, and are a bit bolder. Still a worrisome person, but tend to grab opportunity more, and "just do it" rather than hesitate much.

Relationship with family and friends are the same.. Though slightly different. The feelings and bond are still as strong, just a different outlook and expression of our love for each other.

Yet, I still feel the distance with my family and friends. Can't say it wasn't deliberate. Coz the end of this journey is yet to come. Some people won't understand this need to keep this distance. Not just for the dissertation, but also for myself. I don't blame them and won't expect them to understand.

This ending is creeping up on me. On us. It's not time yet to move on. I am reluctant for this to end. But move on I will. When it's time.

And I know for sure that this journey is going to be one of the best I've taken, to hold many wonderful and amazing memories for the rest of my life. And one that has enhanced my perspective on my vocation, life and people. The one experience that will nourish me for a long time in my vocation, especially when things become challenging.

And now.. I have to get back to work. Seriously.

No comments: