Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

My name

Since beginning the programme, I've been telling people who ask my name:

If it helps, just remember lighting (pointing at the lights).

Well.. Just cause Asian names can be confusing and difficult for them to remember.

And even when I came back, I've been introducing myself the same way.

I mean... It's convenient. And easy. I just add a second sentence:

Just without the 'g' at the end.

And I don't mind if people mispronounce my name. And even when I spell out my name, people will still struggle. And they are my fellow people.

Is it 'Thin' or 'Tin' or 'Ting' or 'Teng'?

And I stopped bothering about the pronunciation of my name since long long time ago. I mean, there's no point.

But anyways, I think 'lighting' suits just fine. After all, my Cantonese name sounds pretty similar. Not exactly, but close.

=D

No comments: