2 episodes left.
연희 is to be burned at stake.
허준 is locked up.
요광 is seriously wounded.
대감 is on the dark side.
오라버니 seems to have been sucked into the dark side too.
And the royal family can do nothing on the magic side.
Even 솔개 is dead.
And they still need to light up 5 candles.
At this point I am not hoping for happy ending. Though it seems like the most logical progression given how 홍주 must die in her own hands from black magic.
Maybe someone will swoop in and save the day. 대감 or 오라버니 who manage to fight the dark magic and save 연희 and 허준. While at the same time, 요광 was given a potion and light a candle. And then do something, something.
I cannot predict how the story will go. And I'm a bit frustrated that the good guys, our leads, always get their advantage overturned, and make little progress with the candle lighting. The writer made 홍주 too opportunistic, sly and powerful you wonder if anyone will be able to defeat her at all.
Yes, it's engaging still. Suspenseful. But too much of this helplessness on the good side is chipping away at my interest level of the story. I wanted to have some hope going into the last 2 episodes. Not to say that the drama should placate us or dumb down its story. It's still good plot but truth is I am frustrated that there's 5 candles left with 2 episodes to go. At this stage I can't see anything but a hassled wrap up on that side and maybe dumbed down execution if the evil witch is to die by torture of the curse. And we all want our retribution. I want to see her burn.
Give me a good wrap up please. I just want the plot to be plausible. Happy ending? I've long past that sort of need in my dramas. This drama has been nothing but dumbed down and awkward, though it begs for tighter storytelling.
Wait, will 허준 be the one to light up all 5 of the last candles?
Oookie. I can kinda see where this is going. Still... Give me plausible explanation please.
Sigh.. How I wish to have a drama buddy to talk to. Forums are just not the place to discuss these kind of things anymore. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment