Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Babysitting

I quit since the week I returned from Macedonia.

The mom had contacted me a couple of times since last month. And I rejected her requests to continue babysitting citing research workload and making arrangements to go home. Which is true.

I just don't think I had the emotional capacity to deal with babysitting and travelling. I like my 悠哉 ness too much. A luxury I won't have once I return home.

Anyways, she contacted me again. Hoping I'd look after her kid for a few more weeks. Of course I said no. I was brief. I felt like I was a bit mercenary even.

And she made a comment about why wouldn't I stay in England. Obviously coz she'll have someone to take care of her kid. At a relatively low rate. With above average babysitting skills even. Well, no kidding, I'm good with playing with kids and teaching them, but I do acknowledge that I'm not that great with being a nanny. I know so little about kid's health. And I don't think I have the patience and endurance of babysitting.

Anyways.. Her comment made me realise that I really didn't want to stay in England. No thanks to Brexit. But also coz I think I'm done with London. It's too far away from home and friends.

And I'm done having this time of solitude.

I might change my mind when I'm home. I might miss my solitude and freedom something fierce when I return home.

Right now, however, I am looking forward to reuniting with my loved ones and returning to Malaysia.

No comments: