Everyone knows I want to be in London for my dissertation.
1. Practical financial reasons
2. Practical weather concerns
3. I have Bagu here with me
Over the past 2 months I was worried that I might not be allocated to London. Well actually I think I would've been fine and happy if I'm in Oslo or Prague. Still, London is my first choice and the one I'll be most happy with.
And today the results were released and guess what? I'll be in London!
I was so nervous when I got the email. I didn't even look at it for 5 minutes, trying to calm myself down and pep talk to myself that wherever it is I'm gonna be fine and will have fun even though I might be sad and disappointed. And the fact that I was nervous and worried about my assignment made it worse. I was even talking gibberish.
But I was so so so ecstatic when I saw my name with "London" beside it. I started tearing up. I was smiling like a loon.
I texted everyone and was so excited I belatedly realised that I took the wrong bus! Lol
I am overjoyed.
You know..My reasons for staying in London has gone beyond the ones above. I'd really love to stay here coz I think I might have found an opportunity to expand my experience and serve the children here in a nearby school. And I found a church in comfortable with and contribute something to everyone there too. And also friends I've met through Bagu.
Yeah so I am very very very happy. Lol how many times have I said that.
Actually I thought yesterday was a good sign when I was told my passport, sent for UK visa correction, had been returned to the university.
I feel so blessed. Thank You!!!
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment