Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Academic work

Two weeks ago we submitted a report of observation on school visits. We had to write about how inclusive education is conceptualised and implemented and the key challenges and opportunities. And today we had a presentation based on our report. It wasn't assessed so I didn't prepare to much but I was still nervous coz I didn't think I would've done a good job with how much effort I put in.

I never found academic writing easy. Especially engaging critically with literature. I usually just try to understand. And even that is quite difficult given my limited academic vocabulary and language. I just don't think I'm critical and analytical enough.

So I'm still doubtful about my ability to deliver good academic work. Even when I got positive feedbacks today.

Nonetheless I am happy about how I did. It means that I still have room for improvement. And Leda said my writing was tight and coherent and analytical enough. Even though I still am not very happy with it. Perfectionist much?

Oh presentation was fine. I lost my thought and I got too nervous. There was this fear that my opinions and arguments were not strong enough. It sounded like that to my ears... But it seemed like it was not too bad. Well as expected from having not prepared much.

I have to say though that this was good exercise for all of us. Learning so much from each other =)

And very good practice for next week's presentation, which is the first part of our exam. Eek!!

God help me.

No comments: