Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Choices

In front of me there are two choices. Which leads me directly to opposite paths but ultimately the same destination.

I wish I have a third choice to walk the middle road. But I don't. One or the other.

Fact is, I wanna experience life while I'm still young. Live in a foreign land before I settle down and serve the community. Widen my horizons, open my mind, be independent from my family and comfort zone.

But, I understand the value of my staying in the organisation to continue building on the foundation that I've worked so hard on all these years. Also the worry of strong continuation of all the effort put in.  Feeling like I am a good candidate to lead them on to a better future. And I know I'm going to learn so much staying where I am. Even though it's gonna be so hard emotionally and spiritually.

Some people say that I'm still young, and should focus on building a career, gain more work experience to do my postgraduate studies, which will help my understanding and portfolio much better.

A lot of people who I'm close with advise otherwise. To go overseas, recharge myself and see the world while young.

Both are right. But which one is the best for me right now, or my future self?

I'm at this crossroad with the same destination. Both are pleasant in their own way. Both are challenging in their own way. I'm facing one of them now and is preparing to walk towards it.

Is it the right one?
Even if it's not, I'll have to make it the one that is right.

No comments: