Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

FAMA scholarship

Yes my parents are sponsoring my studies. Yes I am lucky and I am blessed. Ok, luck doesn't have much to do with it coz it's my dad's hard earned money.

So I would say I am blessed. Coz I don't have to worry about providing for my family (at the moment) or feeding hungry stomachs (though we're hungry all the time ;p)

I don't have to feel guilty or embarrassed about it right? Yeah I am blessed with financial stability and a lil bit of luxury, from my parents, and uncle, and it just means that l have a better quality of life than some people. Ok, I am slightly more privileged than most of my course mates, but it doesn't mean that I take money lightly.

It doesn't mean that my family is filthy rich! Damn it. We just are able to afford slightly better things in life. And we are good at managing whatever little money we possess.

How else do you think my family earned their lifestyle? Oh and we are willing to indulge a lil bit more on quality when we could afford it.

I know you might not have meant all that, and I'm making judgement here (projection at work too), but it sounded like you were.

Anyways, I know I am blessed and privileged but I don't take all that for granted. I don't feel guilty or embarrassed about it either. Why should I? I'm proud of my family for coming so far. Not everything can be judged on monetary terms. Though having a bit more is a plus.

Neither should I feel pressured by what other people think I should feel about this. I am not that kind of person.

Selfish much?

Judge whatever however you want.

My parents are supportive of my aspirations (though they're not exactly clear what they are), my family is supportive, my friends are behind me, I am grateful and thankful for the opportunity. People who matters are happy for me.

That's all that matters.

No comments: