I kinda know why, but I'm reading this book "Returning to study for a research degree" and is the first task I have to do.
It's a good book that I feel will lead me to a state of clarity of mind in the undertaking. Coz God knows how overwhelmed I'm feeling at this moment by the expectations of this course. I know nothing is easy but all this seems really tough and I start to wonder why myself.
Here goes:
1. The rare chance to experience Europe.
London, Oslo and Prague. What else can I say? Some of the places in my bucket list. Immersing in the culture, language, architecture, people. And this also means change in 3-month cycles. Which brings me to my second point.
2. Challenging myself in terms of adaptability and flexibility.
3 different universities, different systems, different ways of doing things. And the social and cultural differences mentioned above. I know I have some adaptability skills, not sure about flexibility. So I was thinking that I could test and challenge myself through this programme, intensively - I presume. You know, just to see how far I could go. And this would also challenge my open-mindedness. Which would help my critical thinking, I think.
3. Develop my critical reflective thinking skills. (analysing skills, synthesising information, drawing up own conclusions, reflecting on own work..)
I've always wanted to do that but somehow I haven't been able to so far. Probably because of the environment, which is not conducive (you know what I mean), and I am just too complacent to do that back home. With the course, I am required to do so. Which is daunting but also welcoming. Well, I expect that.
4. Understand more about inclusive education. And extend my professional development.
Well, that's a no brainer.
5. School visits in 3 countries.
Self-explanatory
6. Opportunity to build network with individuals in the field.
Yeah I'm not even sure if I'm gonna be able to do that. But I'm definitely going to try. Well, at least to improve my networking skills. Which reminds me of the next point.
7. Be bolder in speaking up, asking questions, build more confidence in myself
That's what PW told me before I left. It's also what I was unconsciously thinking about.
8. MA qualification
Do all the above and get that under my belt?
Well, I could actually say that I decided to take the course because of "calling", "message from the powers that be". But you and I know that that wasn't the case.
I struggled to decide. I still question if this is the right decision. The best decision.
But I'm here now. And I'm not regretting any single bit of it. Yes I feel scared. Yes I feel like running away as fast as I can. Yes I have doubts if I could do it. Lots of them. But it's also quite exciting what lies ahead.
Now I just have to tell myself, repeatedly, that I can do this. I will find a way to do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment