Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Teacher's Day

The day is just like any other ordinary  day. Just maybe we get some small gifts or food from some parents.

I don't mind not celebrating it. I'm not a celebrating kind of person, at least when it concerns me.

But this year, I feel like rewarding myself and celebrating the fact that I'm a teacher and that I'm teaching. That I'm still teaching.

I never thought I'd be a teacher. And a special ed teacher at that. Coz I very well know how difficult it is and how low the pay is.

But I still end up where I am now. Well, it just happened. Calling? You could very well say that.

So I'm gonna brag quite a bit in the following sentences. Hey, I'm allowed to do that once in a while right? Just oblige me k?

So here goes.

I can tell stories quite well. But I need to use more variety of tones and expressions.
I can engage the students quite well :)
I'm quite good at deciphering what messages my students are sending me. But I'm not miracle translator ok.
I'm quite strict with them but I also know when to play with them. Still got lots of room for improvement though.
I can critically analyse steps for them to achieve a skill. And pinpoint where they need more help and how to adapt/modify the method to their ability.
I talk quite well with parents, some, not all.
I am hardworking. I am proactive. I am responsible. I am creative. I am passionate.
;)

Sounds good ^^ but I'm still learning and growing in my work. And I need to put in more effort to be where I want to be.

I may not be great, but I'm not bad either, and I know I can do better. And that's more important to me.

Anyways, Happy Teacher's Day LT!

No comments: