Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's day

In our family, special days are not that special except for the food.

We celebrate and show our love with food. Anything we plan is related to food. No fancy parties, no special outings, no fancy gifts. Food is all there is.

We're food lovers after all.

Call us boring. Call us lazy. Call us uninspired. But it's just our style.

This year, I feel like doing sth different though. But I just don't have any idea. Coz all I want to do is just to treat my mom well. Everyday. And pamper her. Though I don't have much money.

Coz I know she wants us to be good to her, more than anything else. Give her less headache. Argue less with her. Give her more respect. Coz god knows how we've taken her feelings for granted.

I've never claimed to be a good daughter. I know I'm not.

But I try. I'm taking small steps. I'm making steady progress. She may not notice, but it's okay.

I love you mom. You will never read this but I hope you'll feel it, with your mother's instinct.

I promise to be a better daughter than I am to you. Just let me take care of you ok. Don't you worry bout me, though I know you can't help it. Learn to let go a bit, ok? And have more confidence in yourself. It's now time for you to live your life. We may mean the world to you, but the world is yours to take. So try to experience the world as you did when you were young once. And be happy. I'll try to help you be happy.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you.

No comments: