Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Internet-less

So, last fri our house's phone line got struck by lightning and went kaput. Modem is definitely gone. Even my pc's internet hardware is spoiled. But I couldn't even make calls nor receive them. Not even to tm to make a report.

And a day before I actually declared that I could survive without internet. Damn that big mouth of mine.

Anyways, I've been internet-less for 5 days now. At home at least. I still got wifi in the office. So I've been checking mails there, and backtracking drama forums.

And I find that I'm fine with it. Though a bit annoyed. Still, I'm enjoying the feeling of not being dependent on it.

Granted, I still use my phone and laptop. And I do admit I would flip if my phone... Ok. Let's not go there.

Till now the line is still not fixed. Reported it twice to tm. The operators were nice though. But what is wrong with the efficiency of their technicians? And the calls to tm from mobile phones are damned expensive I tell ya.

So, as I was saying, I'm enjoying not feeling internet-dependent. Limited fb surfing, limited time on forums, not updating myself with whatever rss feeds I have. No FOMO (fear of missing out).

It feels liberating.

And I'm actually spending more time for myself. I have more time to sleep. More time to read. More time to plan and cook next day's lunch. More time to get things done. It feels nice to take a few steps back and take things slow.

The timing is just nice to tone down the recent attachment to drama forums. Coz they really eat up a lot of my time. And it's not healthy how attached I became of the place.

I definitely want my internet back. Coz it is damned irritating not having the freedom to google stuff. And watch variety shows.

But I'm fine if it takes another few more days. Coz I'm living well even without it. So I'll just enjoy this freedom for a little while more.

No comments: