Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Nerves again

Nervous. 脑袋空白.
Well.. Not totally blank. I know what I have to do. It's just that I'm having writer's block.

I guess it's because I don't feel like I've prepared well enough for this proposal.

And the fact that I didn't get that A in the last assignment, which was actually in the pocket if not for being off my guard with breadth of reading, is looming over my head and creates even more stress.

I need to get my act together.
I need to think and put information together.
I need to be vigilant with grammar and text referencing.
I need to demonstrate breath of reading, sth I'm not confident with right now, especially the methodology part.

I need to just start writing and stay focused.

But I'm still all sorts of wound up.

Fear of failing
Fear of submitting subpar work
Fear of disappointing myself and supervisor.
Fear of having regrets

I want to be happy.
I want to feel like I'm achieving sth great.
I want to be recognised for putting out excellent work.
I am not competing with anyone else in the programme, it's just that I've always been a perfectionist and an achiever, no matter how much I've tried to tone it down and take things easy. It's the upbringing.
I want to finish knowing that I've had fun and enjoyed myself but still managed to do a good job.
I want to think that despite procrastinating sometimes, I still managed to gather myself and be disciplined when finishing the course.

I don't want to be like before when I usually had a good start and then lose my momentum.
Because I want to know that I am always improving myself.

The deadline is looming. And I have outings planned before the deadline.

Will I make it?
Will I be able to put out the work I'm expected to, I'm expecting myself to?
Will I be proud of myself with the work I submit?

What can I do now?
I deleted plants vs zombies.
I have articles and books.
I watched all my weekly Korean shows.
I have my outline ready.
I have a rough plan, daily quota of words to write.
I'm sorting out my feelings and nerves by writing this post. Helped somewhat..

What else is stopping myself?

No comments: