Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Smart backside

Almost missed our flight.

Because the cab took the long way round. Or maybe coz he wanted to save on tolls. He was very nice btw. 7 luggage in a sedan and 4 adults in the backseat. And I think he gave us a discount.

Because we had overweight bags. Trying to stuff things into our carry on. Because I didn't have a travel scale. Should get one once I could. And turns out I was right after all.. I could've taken both carry on and backpack. Didn't need to stuff things into my suitcase at the last minute. And holding the cardigan, sweater, hat, pencil case on my arms, while stuffing so many things into my coat into every single pocket.

Because there was a long queue and not enough staff at the security check.

Because we had to take out laptop from backpack. And I didn't know. Turns out Europe does that. No matter what.

We ran like mad people. And the best part was that our runway was the furthest. Just great.

Halfway we heard the announcement that they were closing the gate and I went "sh*t"!!!

Have never ran so much and so rushed ever in these last 4 months.

It was madness. At one point I really thought we were going to miss it. And at that moment I realised money is really not the issue. I have been saving so much... Budgeting and restricting my spending just coz I didn't want to spend more of my dad's money than I already am, and will do when I return to London.

I really must find a job in London when my dissertation is completed.

All is well though. We boarded at the last minute (it was supposed to take off). But then I figured they would've waited for us since our luggage was checked in and all. And a few others were late.

The weirdest thing was that I had to take off my boots at the security check. They scanned my boots. Boots! Come on
*rolls eyes thousands times*
Well turns out it's standard procedure in a lot of European countries.

No more. Ryanair no more. Unless I can bring only 20kg check in luggage. Unless I reach the airport 2 1/2 hours earlier. By my own arrangement. Unless I'm super broke.

At least I learnt my lesson.

But by His grace and mercy, we are on the flight. We made it. Thank You.

What a way to begin in Oslo!

1 comment:

YY * 然尹 said...

They ask to take out the laptop or tablet out of the bag everytime now it seems, even in Malaysia airport, domestic flight & etc.