Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

6th day in Oslo

We had a rough start to Oslo. Besides almost missing our flight and feeling frustrated and confused in Oslo when we were trying to find our way to the metro, all is going well.

For me at least.

So far this experience has taught me to take rough patches in strides, to not panic when it seems like things are going wrong. There's always plan B. If I don't have plan B, something else will come up. Just have to think. Hah! Smart backside.

Norway is expensive, but I would say it's almost the same as London. I mean it is not much of a big difference when you look closely enough and shop smartly. Yep I have become a frugal consumer and spender. What to do, it's not my money. Well it would still be the same even if it's my own money.

I have a nice little room. Still ok with the room, hopefully still so by the end of the third month. A very small kitchen. A roommate next door who mostly keeps to herself but lets me use her kitchenware and cleaning tools. But I suspect she broke the fridge vege box yesterday. Hmm. I pray that I won't be accused of breaking it and getting a fine.

They fine us for everything over here. Sometimes even for the most unreasonable excuse. Which is good in a way, just not when I'm on the receiving end.

I am changing how I eat over here. Since I don't have a full kitchen and a big fridge. So even buying fruits and vege will not be like how I did it in London. Only small amounts. And only ones I can keep for longer on the shelf. Like bananas =)

And I'll eat more fish. Salmon, smoked salmon, and whatever fish they have. Hehe. And cheese and bread. They are good.

Ikea will be our favourite place, Mon and I. Coz their hot dog bun is only 5 Nok. We could have our lunch for 20 - 30 Nok. Since the transport is already fixed for the whole month no matter where we travel to in the city.

Oh the weather. It's cold. Still not so cold. Today is -6°C. And it's snowing. It's beautiful. Gonna venture out later. I just have to put on my plum penguin coat and 2 layers of clothing underneath and I'm good =) Oh and my boots.

By the way, indoors is super warm. I keep adjusting the heater so that I don't get too warm when I'm sleeping. So yeah... I'm so glad I got a coat that is windproof, waterproof and well insulated =)

Oh and I need to remember to moisturise my hands well. I'm having red spots that looks like allergy rashes on the back of my hands. Coz I haven't gotten into the habit of putting on hand cream before going out. So my hands got dry out in the cold. Maybe I need better mittens to keep my hands warm.

Loving Oslo so far. Can't wait to explore this place more. And learning the language! Hahaha it's fun! =)

No comments: