Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

The transition stage

The work has been awesome so far. I'm enjoying it, and I'm happy with the kids. Even with the usual intentional manipulative challenges.

But the recent relocation drama is affecting me a lot. And it shows. The migraine is a reflection of that. But I'm glad it hasn't affected how I feel about the work. Just the job.

I know it's not my decision to make, even if my opinion matters, our opinion matters. But I can't stand how they're handling the whole thing. I don't understand how they're weighing their decisions. All I'm seeing now is their one-dimensional thinking, and some selfishness.

And it disappoints me a hell of a lot. Angers me even more so. And speaking of which, I need to censor myself much better. Can't show my upset self in professional settings. It affects other people and our camaraderie. And I don't want that.

Maybe as J says, it's only one person's opinion. But I hate the fact that she has those thoughts. I hate the fact that she even brought it up. And I'd hate it even more if she's doing it just to scare us.

Well, guess what? Screw it all.

My feelings are easily swayed, I don't doubt that. But I'm not so easily strung along like an idiot. And I have a good supportive circle with sound heads. Thank you very much.

Now all that's left is to wait and see. I've expressed my opinion on the matter, I've ranted and stressed over it so much I'm getting tired and numb whenever the topic comes up. I just hope that my opinion is counted.

And I won't be surprised if it all falls apart in the end because of their attitude and commitment.

No comments: