I regret I told the white lie at all.
I regret I mentioned the letter at all.
I regret I asked about it at all.
And now the truth is out. I'm glad.And I'm a liar. This one...I'm not glad.
Thing is, it never should've been an open discussion. I wouldn't have told them at all if I could have it my way.
But no, I told them anyway. And a lie at that. Well, not in my own words really. Just omitting the truth. A lie just the same.
I guess when we crossed the line toward friendship, sharing a lot of personal thoughts and feelings, but don't draw that line which we should not cross, this is what happens. No matter if I knew where the line is, I did it in the end, coz I'd be feeling more guilty if I don't do so. Such is the delicate thing about being friends and colleagues.
Yes, I see the foolishness now. I feel it.
But what's done is done. Another lesson learned. Now I'll have to face the consequences of my actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment