If everything can be solved with money, what then is the joy of putting in effort?
If I only factor in the cost, I wouldn't have baked anything.
If I only factor in convenience, then I wouldn't learn to cook.
You don't share my joy and peace and learning through baking.
But please, do not belittle my effort and heart.
Please, do not complain that my equipments are a nuisance.
Please, do not brush off my interest as nothing but fruitless.
I enjoy baking.
I enjoy the challenging process.
I enjoy the peace it brings.
I enjoy working my butt off to make better bread, cakes, puffs.
Your comments... However nonchalant or will intentioned... Hurts.
It grates my nerves and slashes my heart.
I do not bake for any gain.
I do not bake to cater to your taste buds.
I bake for myself. And for people who appreciates them.
You just have the fortune to taste them.
Now I understand why I'm reluctant to bake for you. And why I stopped caring about what you think of what I make.
More than ever, I want my own space. And my own kitchen. Now.
No comments:
Post a Comment