Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Parents

Someone forwarded a video about the love parents have for their children. Using pencil and eraser as metaphor. How parents always clean up after their children's mistakes.

And it ended with us understanding exactly how our parents love us when we become parents ourselves.

I... Don't know.

Just these couple of days, I feel like a parent myself.

I didn't know I had this depth of endurance, patience and acceptance in me. Of course, there were times I almost lost my cool. I could feel the agitation bubbling inside me. And it skirted the surface, almost jumping out into the open. But I realised my reaction instantly, and redirected the feelings away.

Is this how parents feel all the time? The worry, the uneasy feeling that children will get into trouble any minute, the roll-my-eyes and be patient with foolishness and simple-as-ABC mistakes, the "how many times have I told you the same thing"  frustration...

Then God, please have mercy on me and give me more patience and endurance and love.

No comments: