Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A short visit

She came and judged. Yes, her observations were right on some level. But her tone...judgemental.

Shouldn't have said anything. But I can't take it lying down. Not when it's to do with others. Sounded so defensive. Sounded very much like making excuses.

Yes, on some things it was.

But, I was also tired to explain how it is over here. Tired of dealing with my faults. Tired of dealing with their flaws/insensitivities. Tired of dealing with her judgements and schema of what should or shouldn't be. Tired of cleaning up the mess.

I don't take well to judgements/accusations. No one does. And when received blow by blow...

I don't wanna lose myself. I don't wanna lose this passion. I don't wanna lose this to small things that don't really matter much to me. As long as the work is fulfilled.

I know how it looks to outsiders. I know how it reflects on the people. I know how it reflects on us.

If they're not bothered by it, I shouldn't too. I have my own way of dealing with it. And I know you don't agree.

But that's my decision to make.

So I will stop being bothered by the things you said to me. Your points have been taken, and digested.

I just decided to not make myself feel bad because of it.

Still, thanks for your input.

No comments: