Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Page vs account and my privacy

So we decided to create an account on fb specifically for updating photos to the org's fb page. An account all us teachers have access to.

I thought it was the best decision.

#1
I would like to keep some semblance of privacy/divide between my personal life (on fb that is) and my job

#2
Essentially the page was created by the committee. Therefore the tone of the page is different. And naturally our profile's tone is different from theirs.

#3
A continuation from #2: posting directly using my personal account will definitely change the way I post. Which reduces the fun. And a whole lotta responsibility. Though now with the teachers account itself is a huge responsibility. But still... perception.

#4
The account was set up as a filter for ourselves (me) b4 presenting it officially on the page.

#5
The account could be a more personal platform for us to interact with our parents and professionals alike.

#6
I felt that with this shared account, all of us would feel that shared responsibility to update.

Erm...I think that's pretty much it.

I know there are flaws with all that reasoning. But I'm trying to protect myself here.

I know we could've created a closed group for interaction purposes. I know I could put aside my concerns about the tone of the page and responsibility and whatnot and just post the photos onto the page. I know I could still maintain that divide between my personal activity on fb and professional life. Or that I shouldn't hold onto that line too tightly. Coz personal touches makes a whole lotta difference in the relationships. Still, I'm not comfortable doing that yet.

I know this act would've created some kinda confusion with people. But the urge to separate the committee from us is just too intense.

And I just assume/expect that people who visits/follows the page are intelligent people who just wouldn't bother too much about this divide. (or they'd be too overwhelmed by the overload of updates on fb to care much) Rather, I assumed/expected that they would've appreciated the line drawn.

Have I assumed/expected too much?

Maybe I have. When you come at us with that feedback of yours.

And you were supposed to be intelligent.

No comments: