Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

F*cked up mess

It shouldn't be my problem. Well, frankly, it isn't my problem.

Then why do I concern myself so much with it?

Because you want her to stay. Because you hope she'd continue and learn to love the work as much as you do. Because you think she deserves as much as you do.

Then should I have kept pretending ignorance than letting it be known that I know? Coz even though other people might say they're open and okay, it might not be the case, and in some ways affect the camaraderie.

I don't want that. Yet I won't do it another way given another chance. Since we've decided for it to be an open discussion, to be holding back now would be worse even. But to maintain some semblance of balance in the team, I told a small white lie anyway. Coz that ball was cast way back, which I regret that there's no other way to retrieve that back. Coz to do that might cause more dissatisfaction, I think.

Though I hope they'd rectify the situation, I doubt they would, or could. And it'd not be pretty.

I'd hate for one of us to leave. And if indeed we're moving to that faraway place, they'll be losing not just one, but at least two.

You would do well to remember that it's not your concern. Just focus on your path, and do your part.

Focus, girl. Focus.

No comments: