Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Travelling

When I travel, I see things that remind me of people I love. And I always think that they would love it here.

Flowers, especially pink roses, remind me of mom.
Cars, the Bro.
Churches, Cousin N.
Trains and train stations, Cousin S.
Pretty food and desserts, Cousin G.
Nature and adventurous gigs, Meow.
Toys and cute stuff, Kei.
Beautiful places, Aunt SL.
Beaches, Nataša.
Cats, Nataša and Alina.

These are still pretty normal.

And mt, J, Mon and Feriha, well I'm reminded of them wherever I go. Coz I know we'll enjoy a lot of the places we go to.

Today, I realise one other thing.
Fish markets remind me of dad and his hometown. I can't believe that I actually miss the fishy smell of fish markets and docks.

And yesterday, I realised why I had this attachment to waterfalls and woods.

Grandpa.

It brought back good old memories of him bringing us to the waterfalls amidst the greenery of his home. In his old and fragile car with all of us brats.

And I realised I miss him.

No comments: