To me, it's not ticking off places I want to go and see.
It's understanding the story of the place. It's experiencing another culture. What makes them proud, what makes them sad, what makes them happy.
And of course food.
And it's a journey of stretching my boundaries.
Of understanding myself better. And my travel partner.
And it's not about taking photos. Though I do take them. But only to remind myself what I've seen and heard and experienced.
And then tell them to my family.
And it should be relaxing. Even if we don't have time, even if we couldn't see them all. It should be comfortable, go with the flow, and let go of things we might not be able to do.
Just take in and feel the moment when you are present in that space at that time.
That's my travelling philosophy.
No comments:
Post a Comment