Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Not again......

I've been tolerating it. But today proves that I'm still not immune yet.
Though I thought I would.

It still gets on my nerves.
Would it kill you if you'd just stop for a second and think before attacking us with your barb? Unfounded, Unobjective, Unjustified, Unfair barb?

She says that I should let it go.
And even though my head tells me to do the same, my instincts are to complain and rant all my pent up emotions till I'm satisfied.
And even though I speak rational, uncondemning, seemingly-understanding words about it, the stick still pokes at my chest.

Then your impression on me goes downhill some more.
Then my respect for you diminishes some more.

But I don't wanna lose it, the respect.
I don't wanna make it hard for her.
I don't wanna tarnish my parents' reputation for being a bad daughter.

Will I become immune to it eventually?
But then again, I don't wanna become immune. I don't wanna shut off my receptors coz I wanna feel the world and connect, that's who I am.
I may ignore things, and I do at times, but I don't wanna be immune.

Maybe that's the answer. Just ignore.
Or find a way to counter the attacks, without being disrespectful, spiteful and impolite, but at the same time let it known that I don't like it.

This is hard.

No comments: